Response to COVID-19 at WWO
Needless to say, we're all going through some stressful times right now with the current state of the world regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19). As a company, we're hoping to make things less stressful for everybody by making your "social distancing" a little more enjoyable. We're hoping to accomplish this by assuring that we are still able to service you during these uncertain times. Whether that be by supplying you with the necessary gear to go fishing (away from others). Or, by giving you the ability to complete fishing related projects while you're "self-quarantined" at home. In order to protect our customers and staff, we are adapting to the situation as it evolves by taking some precautionary measures. Please take some time to read about the services that we're offering and special precautions that we're taking.
Our brick & mortar retail store is currently OPEN for business, operating on our normal business hours. Please see below for information regarding that:
- No staff members will be working if they have shown any signs of illness (or have tested positive for COVID-19, or been in contact with anybody that has).
- Our store has plenty of room for customers and staff to spread out and maintain proper distance from each other. We ask that any customers coming into the shop be wary of this. And before you choose to come in, we ask that you assure that you're feeling well before doing so, and have been washing your hands/sanitizing.
- We've been sanitizing surfaces in the store frequently. Door handles, counters, light switches, phones, registers, etc.
- If you want to minimize contact, we're also willing to service you via car-side service. The majority of our products that we carry are available on our website. You may go on our website, shop for what you need, and choose "In-Store Pickup" as your shipping option before you check out. We'll gladly run the items out to your car for you. You can also feel free to give us a call with your order, and we'll process payment for you via credit card over the phone.
- As of right now, all of our special events like Fly Tying Tuesday held here at the shop are postponed until further notice.
If you are truly "self-quarantining" at home, we can always ship to you via website or phone orders! Our ordering service is currently fully operational, and we're working hard to achieve fast fulfillment to assure that we can get you what you need in a timely manner. Please see below for information regarding this:
- We are currently offering a discount code - SPRING10 - to give you 10% off on your entire order on our website. Feel free to enter this code at checkout.
- No shipping staff members will be working if they have shown any signs of illness (or have tested positive for COVID-19, obviously. Or been in contact with anybody that has been exposed to the virus.)
- All staff that are here fulfilling orders are washing and sanitizing their hands frequently.
If you have any other questions, feel free to give us a call in the shop at 631-594-3336. The situation is often changing, and we're adhering to government mandated policies regarding our staff and facilities while going above and beyond CDC recommendations regarding health and sanitation. We're here to help, and the crew here is going to do everything in our power to do so. We wish all of you and your families good health, both mentally and physically during these uncertain times.
Socially Distancing? Tying flies, and working on tackle/rigging projects at home is an excellent way to do so.
- White Water Outfitters Admin